Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

KINGDOM/APOSTOLIC Transformation & Reformation ARTICLES & Discussion
OpenHeaven.com Forum : KINGDOM/APOSTOLIC Transformation & Reformation ARTICLES & Discussion
Subject Topic: So you lost it all. Where is the will of God now? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Douglas Clark

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04/07/2009 at 6:29am | IP Logged Quote Douglas Clark

How do we find and experience the will of God?  Is it simply asking for Divine guidance and God’s blessing upon our life?  Or, is the will of God something much deeper that is revealed in the process of living?

Many sincere Christians express their desire for the will of God in their life with comments like, “I’ll pray about that” or, “I‘m asking God to know His will in such and such a matter.”  Then after prayer and sometimes fasting, the petitioner emerges with a directive to move forward with a particular task, or perhaps a check in his or her spirit to NOT move forward.  It is good to prayerfully consider the decisions that are before us, but is this really what it means to find the will of God?   Is it possible there is a depth to the will of God that far exceeds following simple directives?  For example, what about those times when we are sure we heard the voice of God and yet the results were disastrous?  Did we miss it or was the will of God somehow revealed in the unfolding calamity?

The earthly-minded believer thinks of the will of God in terms of the preservation of the natural life.  That is why his or her prayers are usually focused on a desire for God to either change a situation, or to give a divine endorsement of something they desire.  Whereas, the spiritual man recognizes how all things, whether good or bad, work together to reveal the will and purpose of God for us and in us.   

If we spent less time rebuking the devil and more time praying, “Father, not my will, but thy will be done,” we would discover the will of God is most often revealed when we are led like a lamb to the slaughter.   In order to embrace the resurrection life of the Spirit we must first be made willing to grapple with the Cross.    I have found that the hand of God intervenes in our life with the necessary obstacles needed to make us willing.  

Many years ago Diana and I were facing some difficulties with a hair salon we owned.  My intentions were to grow the business and step from behind the chair into a management position.  We had a great business model and were attracting a clientele of mostly professional types.  In my mind’s eye I could see every detail and so I worked diligently toward the fulfillment of our goals, but there were hurdles we could not overcome and so we were unable to achieve our plan. The stress began to have an affect on my health.   I prayed for wisdom and for the Lord to bless the work of our hands, but the response I received was not at all what I expected.  One afternoon while at work I clearly heard the Holy Spirit speak to me:  “Many have known me as their provider but I desire that you would know me as your provision.” The reality of what the Spirit said that day hit me hard.  I was a very ambitious and determined young man who wanted to make his mark in the world.  In an instant I realized that the will of God for my life was far different from what I had imagined and that His chosen path for me would not include the promotion and recognition that others enjoyed.  

I was looking for the will of God through the lens of my hopes and desires, expecting God to give His blessing upon them.   I wanted Him to provide for me, and in turn I would offer up the sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving for my blessed life.  Certainly God has written into His will a place for such provision.  Many sincere believers live out their lives, never aware there is anything beyond knowing the Creator as their provider.  In all honesty, I was content to do the same and had expected to do so.  My understanding of the will of God had much more to do with His blessing upon the natural man than it did with the spiritual man. I was looking outward to the needs and desires of the natural man while the Spirit was looking at the heart and the kingdom of God within.

So what does it mean to know God as our provision instead of provider?  First off I can testify that it requires a different way of seeing things.  As we learn to know Him as our provision we come to recognize that all things come from Him.   I did not come to this understanding by revelation – it was more like trial and error, for I did not willingly cooperate with the plan of God.  I didn’t know how to cooperate.  Besides, can you imagine a drowning person not struggling for air?  Instead I turned to the left and I turned to the right, trying to make our business a great success.  The result of all my efforts placed me in a bed of hell and turmoil.  Much to my surprise I could not escape the purpose or plan of God.  Every effort of self-will became like dung, which was the fertilizer, causing the seed of God in me to flourish.  

After six years of struggling I felt defeated.  God’s purpose for the situation I was in was accomplished and it was time to move on.  We were considering closing down the salon when I heard: “When you leave it will not be like a dog with its tail between its legs.”  A short time later one of our wealthier clients offered to buy the salon.  We sold it for a profit that I didn’t think possible and used the extra money to start a specialty food business.  My prayer for the blessings of God upon my efforts to create a booming hair salon went unanswered.  Instead, the will of God was revealed in my failure to achieve my goals.  You see, though I had prayed, “Lord, I want your will,” I was looking for the will of God within the confines of my own interests and desires.  

Years ago a small group of us were praying when one of the brothers broke out in prophesy over a dear friend of mine, Dorothy McCracken.  In the prophecy, there was one part in particular that stood out to Dorothy, which she recalls to this day,  “I must take everything, I must take everything, because nothing of the old can enter into the new.”  Dorothy was well thought of, with many friends in the church, where she and her husband attended and sang regularly.  Then after the Spirit of God began to call her to a deeper walk her husband left.   It was about the same time the Lord called her out of the church she was attending.  People didn’t know what to think of her anymore.  One friend asked her, “Dorothy, where do you go when you come out of the organized church?”  Dorothy replied, “You go to Him!”  So it didn’t take long for her to become the topic of many conversations and in a short time she lost her favorable reputation.  Then Dorothy lost her job and did not find regular work for ten years.  She was in a place where she had no choice but to live moment by moment. Her reliance on herself to make her own way was taken from her. In the process of her experience, Dorothy was stripped of everything that she had valued in this earthly realm, but in the process she was brought to a place of rest and trust in God.  

Dorothy did not have to go looking for the will of God in her life for it unfolded before her according to His design.  The will of God was for her to be brought to a place of spiritual maturity.  If you were to ask her if it was worth it she would answer with a resounding, yes!  

There is a song I liked as a young boy called, “Heart of Gold” by Neil Young.  In one of the lines Neil sings, “I’ve been a miner for a heart of gold.”  I can’t help but think that in each of us there is a desire and hunger for a heart of gold.  Where do you think this desire comes from?  I believe this deep desire is a glimmer of what God desires.  We are made in His image and likeness and so this desire for authenticity comes from Him!  I assure you that the Spirit of God is a miner for a heart of gold!  

There is golden treasure buried deep within us and the Spirit of God continues to excavate the dirt and chisel away the rock that holds this treasure captive.  He must take everything that we have come to rely on that is not founded upon trust in Him.  Sometimes that requires a few sticks of dynamite to break away sections of our life that are in the way.  We have assurance though that He will finish the work He has started in us.  No matter what we may live through it is nothing compared to the glory that will be revealed in us.  

We may search for the will of God in our many petitions for His blessing upon our lives, but we won’t experience the depth of His will until we have spent time with Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane.  It is easy to say, “Father, not my will, but thy will be done,” when everything is going our way. It is quite another experience when we stand to lose our job, house and retirement savings.   Unlike Jesus, who submitted willingly, we often experience the will of the Father while kicking and screaming.  Eventually, our protests are quieted and we submit to the inner working of the Spirit.  

The Transformation of Peter

One of my favorite characters from the New Testament is Simon Peter.  When the disciples saw Jesus out on the water it was Peter who cried out, “Lord if it is you, tell me to come out to you on the water” (Mt 14:28).  Peter was a man who was not afraid to get his feet wet, both figuratively and literally.  He was also the first disciple who said to Jesus, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."  Jesus explained to Peter this wasn’t something he figured out on his own, but the heavenly Father had revealed it to him (Mt 16:18).  Then Jesus went on to say: “And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church …” (Mt. 16:18)

Jesus obviously saw great potential in Peter – a disciple who was greatly dedicated to serving his Master.   What is fascinating though is the conversation that ensued immediately afterward.  Jesus is telling his disciples all that He must suffer and how He will be killed and raised from the dead.  Then Peter takes Jesus aside and in a rebuking tone says, “Never, Lord ’ This shall never happen to you!’”   Jesus responds, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."  (Mt. 16: 22-23)

How is it possible that Peter, who had received Divine revelation that Jesus was the Christ, would stand in opposition to the very thing that would fulfill this reality?

When Jesus said, “You are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church.”  He was not speaking to Peter, the natural man.  Jesus was addressing the seed of God that was in Peter and the process of revelation, whereby the Holy Spirit illuminates the truth of God.  This is in contrast to Simon Peter, the natural man, who opposed any harm coming to Jesus.

The natural MIND always looks to the interest of the natural man.   

“[That is] because the mind of the flesh [with its carnal thoughts and purposes] is hostile to God, for it does not submit itself to God's Law; indeed it cannot.”  (Ro 8:7, Amplified)

There was a duality at work in Peter.  He zealously desired to serve God and He had received Divine revelation that Jesus was the Christ, but for the most part his perspective was from an earthly vantage point. There is a vast difference between receiving a revelation and comprehending the depth of what the Holy Spirit has said. Peter’s failure to grasp the will and purpose of God continued to the very end when he drew his sword and cut off the servant of the high priests ear when Jesus was arrested.

It must have been quite upsetting to all the disciples to hear Jesus describe the suffering and violent death that awaited Him. It was especially difficult for Peter to grasp the will of God in all that Jesus was saying to him.  We can see Peter’s love was misguided, because it caused him to oppose the will of the Father, and that is why Jesus rebuked him.  Peter was concerned for the preservation and well being of the natural man, Jesus, and so his eyes were blind to the will and purpose of God.  Peter did not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.

Most of Christendom is like the natural man, Simon Peter, worshiping and adoring the natural Jesus.  It is the worst possible kind of idolatry.  IT IS THE WRONG JESUS!  And the Spirit of God continues to say, “GET BEHIND ME ADVERSARY!”   Peter was sincere in wanting no harm to come to Jesus, but he was sincerely wrong, for his natural man with all its good intentions was in opposition to the purpose and plan of God.  The will of God was hidden from Peter’s natural mind just as it is hidden from our earthly minds, for the Father’s kingdom is not of this earthly realm.

It seemed that Peter was a slow learner and so Jesus told him and the other disciples that they would all fall away the night Jesus was arrested.  

Peter replied, ‘Even if all fall away on account of you, I never will.’  ‘I tell you the truth,’ Jesus answered, ‘this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times.’  But Peter declared, ‘Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you.’ And all the other disciples said the same”  (Mt 26: 33-35).

You would think since Jesus gave Peter a heads up on what was going to happen that a determined Peter would have avoided at least one of the denials.  The truth is Jesus wasn’t telling Peter so he could prepare himself to resist the temptation.  To the contrary, Jesus was telling this to Peter ahead of time to underscore that Peter was approaching the things of God in his own strength and that Peter had in mind the things of man instead of the things of God.

There is something for all of us to learn about self-determination, failure and the working of the Spirit as we examine Peter’s experience.  It is the Spirit of God working in our lives that allows us to fail and make mistakes.  As Ray Prinzing said so many years ago, “God uses the interplay of good and evil in our lives to accomplish His purposes.”

Douglas B. Clark
www.theinwardjourney.net

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 07/22/2009 at 6:37pm
View Douglas Clark's Profile Search for other posts by Douglas Clark Visit Douglas Clark's Homepage
Lili Tomulet

Posted: 07/22/2009 at 12:00am | IP Logged Quote Lili Tomulet

Yes, and after this,  the restoration comes.

Lili

Edited by Lili Tomulet on 07/22/2009 at 12:04am
View Lili Tomulet's Profile Search for other posts by Lili Tomulet
Douglas Clark

Posted: 07/23/2009 at 3:43am | IP Logged Quote Douglas Clark

Lili Tomulet wrote:

Yes, and after this,  the restoration comes.Lili

Hi Lili,

What has the Lord spoken to you about restoration?   I believe all things
began in Him and that all things will conclude in Him too.

Blessings,

Douglas
View Douglas Clark's Profile Search for other posts by Douglas Clark Visit Douglas Clark's Homepage
Lili Tomulet

Posted: 07/24/2009 at 4:26am | IP Logged Quote Lili Tomulet

Hi Douglas,

When I said that the restoration comes, I referred to those who are in Him.

I understood that when we loose it all,  we are ready to receive everything. When we loose it all, we are empty enough to receive what He promises to those who are poor in spirit.

I will exemplify it to you soon using Peter as an example.

I am happy that you are on the same wave length of the Spirit.

Lili

Lili Tomulet

Posted: 07/24/2009 at 5:23am | IP Logged Quote Lili Tomulet

Peter trusted much in himself and he was very quick to act in every situation. After he denied Jesus, His trust in himself got a deadly stroke.
He is restored after He experienced the failure (because he relied on himself), and then the love of Jesus for him, in spite of his failure. We know the episode in which Jesus asks him three times if he loved Jesus.

Then he filled him with His Agape Love and then He told him to feed the sheep with the same love, because when you are filled, it is the easiest thing in the world to do anything.

Jesus did not require from him to do anything, before restoring him and filling him with His love. So you see how many extraordinary` things happened, after the failure.

The experiences of life empties us of everything to make room for His love. Then we can truly say: "My beloved is outstanding among ten thousand" (Song of Solomon 5:10). 

And God is on the first place on our life, practically, not theoretically.

This is what I had on my heart.

Lili
Douglas Clark

Posted: 07/24/2009 at 6:41am | IP Logged Quote Douglas Clark

Hi Lili,

Yes, I agree with you, we must be emptied before we can be filled. I have
found this to be a continual experience rather than a one time event.
There are so many layers, or as Jesus said, "In my Father's house there are
many mansions (rooms) and I go to prepare a place for you." We know
that we are the Father's house and that His dwelling place is in us. What
we are often unaware of is the complexity of our being in that there are
many rooms. The Holy Spirit is going through us, one room at a time. We
are unaware of the need for preparation in various areas of our life until
the Holy Spirit opens that particular door and begins the process of
removing what is not of Him in order to make room for the Christ within.

My eyes began to open to this process in 1977 when the Holy Spirit spoke
to me and said, "I am going to shut the windows of heaven." The very
next day the anointing for service was lifted and the heavens became as
brass. The dealing lasted seven years and was a time of great tribulation
for me. Only once during this seven year period did I hear the voice of
the Holy Spirit speak to me and it was in the middle (3&1/2 years). I was
sitting in a restaurant when the presence of God came upon me. I clearly
heard Him speak.

He said: "I am going to tell you why I shut the windows of heaven. I shut
the windows of heaven in order to cause the spirit of antichrist to
manifest. The spirit of antichrist and the flesh works of man are one and
the same and the one thing the flesh refuses to do is be still before me."

This was quite an unexpected revelation. I had never realized before that
the man of sin sitting on the throne, pretending to be God was in me! My
eyes began to open and I saw how religious self hides behind the
anointing for service and ministry.

When the Holy Spirit brings restoration it is a new life that is resurrected
where the old has been exposed and removed. I have found this to be
more than a one time event, for the self preservation of the religious flesh
runs deep. We have great hope though because it is the work of God to
finish the work He has began.

Many blessings to you!

Douglas Clark

www.theinwardjourney.net

Lili Tomulet

Posted: 07/27/2009 at 1:50am | IP Logged Quote Lili Tomulet

Hi Douglas,

I have some things to share with you, after reading your response.

First of all, I want to tell you how the Holy Spirit has applied to me the verse you quoted at the beginning. He told me that He has prepared a place for me, and that place is in my local church and it is also connected to my position in the heavenly places. It is a place of total security and I would not reach anything in God only by remaining in the place He planted me.

I have a pastor who takes care of me, who gives us the right direction (we have passed through periods of cleansing, through periods of encouraging us, through all kinds of periods, as the Holy Spirit was leading etc.) and when these things are done in His order, the result is always His life in us, even if we have sometimes difficult periods, but they are not so long.

When these changes are happening in the healthy environment of a good church, you are safe and you feel safe. You do not have to pass through long periods of time in which you have just unpleasant experiences.

Also, when you hear something, you could check with the pastors and with the church if you have heard correctly. Sometimes I have heard the wrong voice and God has helped me through them to catch the right frecquency.

For example, I don't know what to say about the voice that you have heard,  because the Holy Spirit testifies about Christ, and not about Antichrist (John 15:26).

In John 1:47 Jesus is telling to Nathanael (who was a true man, in which Jesus said there was nothing false) just  the opposite: "I tell you the truth, you shall see heaven open, and the angles of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man". When you are in a right relationship with Him, you experience an open heaven over you all the time.

When our heart is hard, because of the sin, it is true that we pass through difficult periods, but if we want to repent every time we realize something is wrong, I have no problem with a person like this. I think you are one of these people, because this thing is to be seen in the way you write, but I want to say to you, as I said to Joshua Hart, that I feel  we should not speak so much about self any longer. Because we are filled with the things we concentrate upon.

Lili

Edited by Lili Tomulet on 07/27/2009 at 1:52am
Lori St.Clair

Posted: 07/29/2009 at 8:54pm | IP Logged Quote Lori St.Clair

Quote:
"One afternoon while at work I clearly heard the Holy Spirit speak
to me: “Many have known me as their provider but I desire that you
would know me as your provision.” The reality of what the
Spirit said that day hit me hard."

This is beautiful...

Thankyou for sharing.

Lori

Edited by Lori St.Clair on 08/01/2009 at 8:22am

Douglas Clark

Posted: 08/01/2009 at 3:42am | IP Logged Quote Douglas Clark

Hi Lori,

Sorry for the delay in responding. We have had company from out of
town and I have been very busy recording a couple of songs.

What Province are you from? I know some dear saints in Saskatchewan.

It is a blessing indeed to find other brothers and sister who are hearing
from the Lord and who are experiencing the depths of Christ. I thank
Him for those moments when He allows us to fellowship with one
another.

So many that I have known in this walk have been stripped of everything
in an earthly sense, but have gained an inheritance of His nature.

Bless you,

Douglas
Kriston Couchey

Posted: 09/16/2009 at 8:02am | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

Douglas,

Thanx for the Post, Hoping you will post more...

Kris

View Kriston Couchey's Profile Search for other posts by Kriston Couchey
Douglas Clark

Posted: 09/16/2009 at 11:32am | IP Logged Quote Douglas Clark

Hi Kris,

Thank you for the encouragement to post more. I am writing something
now that I will post soon. I do have various articles on my website too.
www.theinwardjourney.net

What part of the country are you located?

Blessings,

Douglas
Kriston Couchey

Posted: 09/16/2009 at 12:37pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

Minnesota... The land of sky blue waters...

View Kriston Couchey's Profile Search for other posts by Kriston Couchey
Douglas Clark

Posted: 09/16/2009 at 2:49pm | IP Logged Quote Douglas Clark

Hi Kris,

I am from Southwest Michigan, a little less than 2 hours from Chicago.

I listened to a bit of your audio on your website and felt the presence of
the Lord welling up inside me so I take that as a confirmation that you
are hearing from the Lord.

I look forward to sharing as the Lord allows us.

Blessings,

Douglas
Wanda D. Davis

Posted: 01/18/2010 at 12:56am | IP Logged Quote Wanda D. Davis

Your writings are awesome because they are of the Lord. Thank you for sharing "truth" with us. Your writings are such a reflection of my life as a Believer. I often say," the more I learn about God the more I realize I know very little". We serve an awesome God who loves us so much. Yes, we are tried in the "fire" but at some point we come to the realization the process of knowing God and His "will" comes with a price. Again, thank you and be blessed.

Douglas Clark

Posted: 01/19/2010 at 4:53am | IP Logged Quote Douglas Clark

Hi Wanda,

I am glad the article confirmed what you are hearing from the Lord and yes, it does come at a price.

Blessings,
Doug
Maria Woolston

Posted: 02/03/2010 at 2:18pm | IP Logged Quote Maria Woolston

Hi Lili,
Within 7 years of my new christian life I appeared to all as though I had a fully "restored" life in Him in every way. I came from a hopeless and wreckless life  with little education to becoming a  registered nurse. At the end of my first year of training I was selected unanimously as  the most outstanding student and received a scholarship. God gave me the ability to comprehend and further develop a then new and complex Nursing Model. My tutors taught  the "Nursing Process" to other students from my work -- which really means I taught them. Within the second year of my registration I was in a sole charge position of one of the most challenging wards in a large hospital. Never heard of in such a young trained nurse before .I was selected for this position as the ward needed a "make over" and they thought I was the one for the job. There really wasn't a nursing position I couldn't have had and many opportunities were offered to me. Such was God's favour in my life....On walking into the selection interview for placement into my nurse training He spoke very clearly, "You have found favour with me and I will give you favour with man.". He is true to His word for that is exactly what He did.

I loved my work and enjoyed it greatly. I knew it was Him who had elevated me in my career and every avenue I turned down I had favour with man and God..I could not escape His favour ..It seemed to extend to every facet of my life, not just my career.. I experienced beautiful things from His hand as I walked through the wards.  But within me was such a deep desire and longing to know Him in a more meaningful way...the cry was very deep in me as He began to reveal to me many beautiful aspects of His personality and those things about Himself that are not in this visible realm...I  found a desire was growing in me daily to know Him and love Him more fully. It was becoming increasingly painful. I witnessed much suffering in the hospital and experienced His manifold presence and immense love for all, with patients in their sickness and suffering. There was something about the weakness and frailty of man and the number of His days that gripped me. I wanted to know Him in  suffering, pain and loss. I greatly desired this fellowship with Him. To know Him in the surrender of weakness, pain, poverty and isolation. He must have put this desire in me for who in their right minds would yearn for such a thing.

Well that was many years ago and He has given me all the desires of my heart and much more. To know Him in death is to know Him in Life....in order to find Life you must lose yours first....

I never desired the restoration of "my Life" as in those early days as a young Christian...He just gave it to me. But I greatly desired the full restoration of "His Life"  in me. Somehow His leading in me, and His voice in me revealed to me that such a journey was necessary for me... I do not believe such a walk is for everybody.

It is God who raises up and it is God who brings low -- Blessed be His name and no other.

In His Grace,
Maria.

Edited by Maria Woolston on 02/04/2010 at 2:47am
View Maria Woolston's Profile Search for other posts by Maria Woolston
Wanda D. Davis

Posted: 02/03/2010 at 8:11pm | IP Logged Quote Wanda D. Davis

Thank you Maria for your story.I'm blessed by it.

Maria Woolston

Posted: 02/04/2010 at 2:45am | IP Logged Quote Maria Woolston

Thank you too Wanda for your story...I'm also very blessed by it...I have been watching your discourse with Doug & Diana on OH. It makes me weep seeing just how much He loves you. How much He loves all.

Blessings sister,
Maria.
Wanda D. Davis

Posted: 02/04/2010 at 3:12am | IP Logged Quote Wanda D. Davis

Maria, thanks for caring. I've always wanted to be surrounded by serious believers. After God directed me here, I have closed my accounts with other sites. Everyone here has a passion for God. That's what excites me the most. I'm being so blessed by everyone God has placed in my life. I look forward to reading more from you. It's 4:51 am my time. I had to take my Len out of my right eye and I'm trying to see with the other eye. Sorry if my wording is incorrect. Proof-reading is hard. I'll do better next time. May the Lord keep you and make His Face shine upon you. Wanda

Wanda D. Davis

Posted: 02/05/2010 at 4:14pm | IP Logged Quote Wanda D. Davis

Bro. Johan, thanks for sharing with me. God knows how to speak to us. Thoughtful message. Be blessed.

Douglas Clark

Posted: 02/05/2010 at 8:52pm | IP Logged Quote Douglas Clark

Johan Abrahams wrote:

But He will never place in us a desire without also fulfilling it. 

Oh, how many years has it taken before I learned this simple but profound truth!  Great statement!

Douglas
Maria Woolston

Posted: 02/06/2010 at 12:31am | IP Logged Quote Maria Woolston

Bless you Wanda -- He surely knows the way we take....with gentleness He leads His own to green pastures....and causes them to lie down in safety.

I look forward to reading your comments also. I have found there are many Christians in whom the treasures of Christ have been hidden in deep dark places. There are some Holy Spirit truths the Father uses, like the above that Doug has shared, which act like a lamp. This lamp begins to illuminate this hidden treasure within and we are very much surprised at the revealing of what has been concealed all this time in the dark experiences of our lives.... "He illuminates my darkness".

Blessings sister,
In His Grace,
Maria.
Wanda D. Davis

Posted: 02/06/2010 at 2:01am | IP Logged Quote Wanda D. Davis

God is really using you all to minister His "Word" to me. I'm being blessed.

God is transforming me into His image. I'm in good hands. God is doing everything inside of me that He said He would do, according to His Word. We are His workmanship. It's a long process for me but by His grace I'm still on the "Potter's Wheel".That's good news . Thank you all for taking the time to encourage me. May the Lord bless you all real good.

Wanda D. Davis

Posted: 02/12/2010 at 8:58am | IP Logged Quote Wanda D. Davis

Thank you so much for sharing. I appreciate your thoughts on this matter. Keep blessing the "Kingdom of God".

Vince Ackerman

Posted: 02/19/2010 at 6:52am | IP Logged Quote Vince Ackerman

So true Johan,

The Lord is showing me that as I receive his revelation/spiritual milk desires and perspectives change and things fall off.  God is awesome!!!

Vincent
View Vince Ackerman's Profile Search for other posts by Vince Ackerman
Maria Woolston

Posted: 02/26/2010 at 2:00pm | IP Logged Quote Maria Woolston

Johan Abrahams wrote:

the Word changed to become milk to me and the old man died and the new creation started to be alive. I kept on drinking this milk and I grew and grew - His very Life restored in me! I discovered the meaning of being dead and Him being the Life more abundantly!   I discovered living by His pure heart - sin totally removed and relationship totally the result of His righteousness and not mine.

Johan, Thanks for sharing this beautiful testimony. I relate to it very much.
Johan. What caused the Word to become milk to you? How did the transition from "try hard Christianity" (our own goodness) to "It's no longer I that lives but Christ that lives in me" come about?

Blessings,
Maria
Wanda D. Davis

Posted: 02/27/2010 at 10:31pm | IP Logged Quote Wanda D. Davis

What beautiful stories. We are blessed to have a Loving Father who cares for us. As believers we die in order to live. The Apostle Paul states, "we die daily".

Blessed assurance Jesus is mine. Oh what a foretaste of glory divine.

Be blessed and much love to all who like myself have believed on Jesus. Wanda

Maria Woolston

Posted: 03/05/2010 at 3:56am | IP Logged Quote Maria Woolston

Johan Abrahams wrote:
But we cannot give all.  That is what so few understand.  We are not that good.  We have to drink the milk of the death on the cross together with Him and it will be the effect of the power of the Word of the cross and our death together with Him on the cross!

All the honour the the creational power of the milk of the Word. Thank you Father for your Milk - a revelation to us!

Hi brother Johan,
Sorry to take so long to reply. I have been having some trouble with my computer and email service --- I have not been receiving emails ---slowly getting it sorted now.

Thanks for your testimony it is so very encouraging and especially what you have shared about what happened to you in the Reformed Church. Then meeting a spiritual father whom Christ in him had gone before you through this man's fellowship with His sufferings on your behalf. I very much relate to this, as my husband, Greg and I had such a spiritual father who also spent  His life in like manner. He has now gone to be with the Lord. Both him and his wife. --- What wisdom from above and what an annointing and fore - ordained divine fellowship we had with him. Bill was his name and his wife Joy. They confirmed so much to us, and it was because of the fruit in their lives. It was the first time I'd known a Christian with such humility and the Love and compassion of Jesus. The dealings and sufferings in both their lives were immense and the wisdom and humility had gone down very deep into fine and rich soil.---  humble and contrite hearts. I needed examples of lives of such depth of Faithfulness, Truth, Holiness and Grace. Christ's Love and Grace in our brother and spiritual father was also accompanied by signs and wonders which they never marvelled at.

I think for my husband and I we began coming to the end of our own self righteousness and "striving to enter in", all our dead works, not long after we met. And it was through a series of crisis in which He wounded me to humble me, that I began to realise I had nothing to offer Him and my life was vanity. Even to think I had anything to give Him was the greatest of all vanities. I began to become very dependant upon Him out of weakness and necessity. I have continued to remain in weakness and necessity to this day where I am dependant on living from every Word that proceeds from His mouth -- Faith.

This has been a progressive process for me at varying levels, as just as you said --- we cannot give all --- but only partake in the fellowship of His sufferings which is to eat of his flesh and drink of His blood --- it is to partake of His bitter/sweet Word, the sweetness of His milk/grace, His Word becomes our Life and He becomes so, so sweet to us.... the sweetness of His gentleness, joy, love, long suffering ,humility, faith, and patience is being lived out in and through us in the most spirit natural way. And through the most.difficult situations with such ease that we can truly say --- it is no longer I that lives but Christ who lives in me.... we partake of His holiness.

I really wouldn't know where to begin with the dealings in my life and I needed every one of them. Only to say that I have been by my own nature a very proud and willful person and I am much less proud and willful today.

In His Grace.
Abundant blessings brother,
Maria.

Edited by Maria Woolston on 03/05/2010 at 3:59am
VernonRhone

Posted: 04/03/2010 at 9:15am | IP Logged Quote VernonRhone

My brother this a very good artical and a powerful testimony .I have been in the same place in my life and i am going through it again belive me all i want to do is please God and i am not understanding much of anything these days . But all i can say is let it be done oh God according to thy word and will for my life . All i ask is for him to give me the strength and courage to go through and the wisdom

Douglas Clark

Posted: 04/06/2010 at 8:00pm | IP Logged Quote Douglas Clark

Dear Vernon,

I am grateful you were blessed. Our Father is faithful to work things out
according to His purpose. It sometimes takes much heated processing to
realize He has already given us all the strength, courage and wisdom we will
ever need. ...May He allow us to access His life within us!

Blessings,
Doug
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 09/15/2010 at 11:23am | IP Logged Quote Moderator

Surviving Life's Tsunamis

Tuesday, 14 September 2010 12:19 PM EDT David Shibley

It seemed like a regular day at the beach. When the blasts of billions of tons of water wrecked the coasts of more than a dozen Asian nations on Dec. 26, 2004, most of the people on the beaches were totally unaware of the looming danger. In its wake the massive tsunami claimed more than 200,000 lives in 14 countries and left millions homeless. It was one of the largest natural disasters in history.

Life can be like that. Suddenly, without warning, you're hit with a torrent of trouble. Like the psalmist, you cry, "All Your waves and billows have gone over me" (Ps. 42:7, NKJV). Some of life's "tsunamis" literally hit home. Sudden shock waves jar us, pulling us against our will into a sea of trouble. Suddenly we feel overwhelmed with horrible circumstances. The tranquility of life is disrupted and we wonder if things will ever be the same as they were.

Calamities prompt us to ask, "Why?" There are no pat answers. Yet there are answers for how we can survive these sudden tsunamis. It's important that we anchor our attitudes in Scripture. Here are several heart attitudes we should maintain when faced with the floodtides of trouble that sometimes invade our lives without warning.

1. Be sure your "house" is built on the rock of faith and obedience to Jesus Christ. Jesus warned that waves of trouble would come. But you can prepare by securing your life to Christ, the solid rock. Jesus said, "Whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock" (Matt. 7:24-25).

2. Anchor to what doesn't move. God promised, "Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also heaven." He guarantees "the removal of those things that are being shaken" in order that "the things which cannot be shaken may remain." We have embraced an unshakeable kingdom, therefore "let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire" (Heb. 12:26-29, NIV).

3. Remember that your Christ is greater than your crisis. You may feel completely overwhelmed. Right now you may identify with this lament that perfectly describes life's tsunamis: "The seas have lifted up, O Lord, the seas have lifted up their voice; the seas have lifted up their pounding waves" (Ps. 93:3). 

No matter how massive the waves may be, let your heart cling to the next verse. It's the master key to surviving life's tsunamis: "The Lord on high is mightier than the noise of many waters, than the mighty waves of the sea" (Ps. 93:4, NKJV).

Christ is still in control. His single command of "Peace, be still!" will calm the most violent storms of your life. So live in His peace. Jesus said: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you. ... Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14:27).

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though its waters roar and be troubled. ... Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" (Ps. 46:1-2, 10).

About the author: David Shibley is the founder and president of Global Advance (globaladvance.org), an international training ministry that equips tens of thousands of church and business leaders every year in many of the world's neediest areas. David has ministered throughout America and in more than 50 other nations. He is the author of numerous articles and author or co-author of more than 20 books, including Living as if Heaven Matters (Charisma House).

Edited by Moderator on 09/15/2010 at 11:24am
View Moderator's Profile Search for other posts by Moderator
Mandy Gay

Posted: 09/15/2010 at 11:30am | IP Logged Quote Mandy Gay

I want to bring this part up again as it may help some...

Douglas Clark wrote:

The earthly-minded believer thinks of the will of God in terms of the preservation of the natural life.  That is why his or her prayers are usually focused on a desire for God to either change a situation, or to give a divine endorsement of something they desire.  Whereas, the spiritual man recognizes how all things, whether good or bad, work together to reveal the will and purpose of God for us and in us.

I also want to show the Hebrew 12 verses quoted above in David Shibley's article, from another version (Victor Alexander Aramaic) as I feel it helps open up the meaning further:

Hebrews 12

26. The One whose voice shakes the earth. Now He has brought us the message
and Told us, "Again, for a season, I will shake not only the earth, except
also the heaven."
27.This then that He told us with respect to a season, is an indication of the
change that will affect that which is being shaken, for they are the servants,
whereas they shall be made stronger so as not to be shaken ever again,
28. Because of this we received the Kingdom that cannot be shaken, and we
received the grace by which we serve and glorify God with discipline (leavened
or influenced) and in submission,
29. For our God is a consuming Light.  (boldening mine)

This is so encouraging.  The things that are shaking us are orchestrated by God so that it will serve to remove what is shakable and strengthen us so that these things will never shake us ever again.  He removes our fear and makes us more secure in Him through the shakings.  Our false securities and thoughts are being removed from us by His loving and merciful hand.  In this we are being perfected (made mature) in His love... being transformed from glory to glory :)

Love, Mandy

Edited by Mandy Gay on 09/15/2010 at 12:55pm

Mandy Gay

Posted: 09/15/2010 at 12:49pm | IP Logged Quote Mandy Gay

Wanting to add a bit more to encourage those who may be struggling...

The Lord is the author and perfecter of our faith.  We are His workmanship... He is in control of everything.  He is the One who drew us to Him in the first place and He is the One working to transform us from glory to glory... we can take no credit.  If we think we have anything to do with it, He will even shake that arrogance/independant thinking out of us.

Even when we backslide and let go of Him, He doesn't let go of us.  Look at this in Hebrews 12:

5. Nor have you lost the enlightenment* that He revealed to you as Children,
"Son, neither lose track of the Lord's enlightenment,
nor let your soul quake when your loyalty strays from Him.
6. "For the Lord is merciful to whom He sanctifies,*
And is generous to those children whom He has willed."  (boldening mine)

Through His dealings with us we come to know Him better.  We learn of His mercy and longsuffering and we no longer fear Him as we once did. 

1 John 4:18 (Amplified Bible)

18There is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into love's complete perfection].

John 17:3 (Amplified Bible)

3And this is eternal life: [it means] to know (to perceive, recognize, become acquainted with, and understand) You, the only true and real God, and [likewise] to know Him, Jesus [as the] Christ (the Anointed One, the Messiah), Whom You have sent.

So, be encouraged... He is working EVERYTHING together for our good and to fulfil His purpose.  The creation is longing for those who know the true nature of the Father to be revealed... sons who have been perfected in His love. 

Love, Mandy

Edited by Mandy Gay on 09/15/2010 at 3:16pm

Wanda D. Davis

Posted: 09/17/2010 at 10:51pm | IP Logged Quote Wanda D. Davis

I'm always blessed by reading the different responses to this article. My life in Christ is much richer because of this timely article. Be blessed.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version